The Plan provides hearing care benefits once every three years for you and your eligible family members when you receive care from a licensed and certified audiologist.
H Plan Employees
This benefit is not available to H Plan Employees.
- The Plan will pay 80% up to $100 of the cost of a hearing exam once every three years.
- If you need a hearing aid, the Plan will reimburse charges up to a maximum of $3,000 for your first hearing aid and $1,000 for your second hearing aid.
What You Need To Do
- Obtain a referral from your physician or a certified audiologist for you or your dependent’s hearing exam once every three years.
- Visit your audiologist for your exam.
- Submit your claim to the Fund Office for reimbursement of eligible expenses.
The Plan will pay for hearing care expenses once every three years subject to the following limitations:
- you must have a referral by a medical doctor or a certified audiologist
- repairs to a hearing aid will be a covered benefit that will count as a new hearing aid for purposes of the maximum amount allowed for the hearing aid benefit
What’s Not Covered
- battery replacements for hearing aids
- examinations done without a referral from a physician and/or done by a non-licensed audiologist
Please see here for an in-depth listing of your Plan’s exclusions.
Questions about your Hearing Benefits?
Contact the Fund Office at 301-731-1050 or at 1-800-929-3983 or email@example.com.